Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Things are Looking Up!!

I'm happy to report that we're all doing much better over here. I think we've found the right dosage for the reflux medicine and now we have switched to all formula. Both seem to be doing the trick. Tessa is a lot more comfortable after she eats now and has long content stretches in between. It's so nice to see her just relaxed and looking around. I must have been starving her before . : ( There are still some crying fits, but she snaps out of them quicker, and we are figuring out ways to soothe her. We are also learning what to do to prevent her reflux screams. I even was able to change her diaper three times without her crying today!! So, all in all, we are much happier!


Here is my happy baby! I now get believable smiles from her, especially after she eats!

Since Tessa was in a good mood today, I thought we'd try some "tummy time". She lasted about 2 minutes before she zonked out.

Later, I set Tessa in her crib so I could change Kyri's diaper. When I came back in her room, she was sound asleep. She took her first nap in her crib ON HER BACK! You know the medicine is working if she actually was content on her back. It didn't last long and she was kind of crabby when she woke up, but it's a start!

We had a good day!

4 comments:

  1. What a relief for Tessa and the rest of the family! Glad to see progress!!! And she has an adorable smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles just in time for Kel Auntie's visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHH! Relief for that poor girl and her poor parents. I can't imagine how much more Kyri will enjoy her now that she smiles more! Thanks for sharing the not so good and now the REALLY GOOD things.

    ReplyDelete