Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, March 4, 2011

One Month Old!!

It's hard to believe that Little Tessa has been in our lives for a whole month today!! It feels like just yesterday that I was still pregnant, but then again, it seems like Tessa has been a part of our family forever. Time flies!

Some updates on Tessa...

She is following in her big sister's footsteps and had to start reflux medicine at about 2 1/2 weeks old. The medicine made her a little more comfortable, but she has still been crying and wiggling around a lot after eating and anytime we lay her on her back. We went to her 1 month check up yesterday and the Dr. decided to double her dosage, so we'll see if that helps her. Just with the first dose of it last night she slept much more soundly and actually in her bassinet! For the past few weeks, she had only been sleeping in her boppy pillow or in my arms, which means I haven't really been sleeping! So, I don't know if it was the medicine already working last night or if it was just a coincidence. I'm hoping for many more nights of sound sleeping!

Tessa's 1 month weight is 7 lbs 9 oz. She didn't gain as much weight as I had hoped this month, but the doctor thinks that giving her more of the medicine will increase her appetite. She measured 21 inches in length, which put her in the 40th percentile!! That's great to us because with Kyri we never got above the 20th!

Tessa is starting to make eye contact with us now, so that's exciting. We've heard a few cute sounds that we think were different than the normal cries we usually hear from her! She is very active and scoots all around the bed when we're changing her diaper, so we definitely have to keep an eye on her. She also loves to hold our fingers and her pacifier when it's in her mouth. We look forward to more and more interactions with our Tessa B.!

Poor Kyri Joan has had a bit of the flu this week. Her fever broke Wednesday night and now we're just waiting for her stomach to get back to normal so her appetite comes back. She has been really great, though. She's been patient with me when I'm feeding Tessa and has been playing independently quite a bit. It is so cute to see her reading to herself or playing pretend with her toys all on her own when I walk past her bedroom. I've tried to capture some of these moments on video, but she catches me every time and stops doing what she was doing!

These first few pictures below are of Grandma Nancy's and my first attempt at a photo shoot with Tessa. My mom found this cute picture of a baby wrapped up in a bow, so we tried to recreate the scene. Tessa was not as cooperative as Kyri used to be for these kinds of shoots. Hopefully she will get used to them as she gets older, because my mom and I like to play!!

Here is the pose we were going for, but Tessa kept turning her head away from the camera!
She also preferred to be stretched out rather than all tucked up!
Here she was trying to roll herself over while screaming!

This one was a little closer but you can tell she's about to wiggle out of position.
This shot was as close as we could get. Her face doesn't look too happy, though!


Here she is sleeping in her favorite Boppy pillow

The sisters playing together

I love how they're holding hands.

Here's a shot I got of Kyri playing with her friends in her room. She cracks me up!

And this isn't the best pic of Tessa, but her outfit is so cute, so I had to post it.

4 comments:

  1. I miss my girls so much! Aubs misses KJ too...we will be over to play next week....maybe you and I will try another photo shoot while Kyri and Aubry catch up. I hope KJ is feeling better and little Tessa B is more comfortable now.

    Love Granma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby photoshoot! That sounds so fun.
    I wanna do a photoshoot with KJ or Tessa sometime. The bow idea is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I truly enjoyed catching up with Kyri & Tessa.
    Can't wait to see Tessa in person. Hoping spring arrives soon. Your summer should be lots of fun.
    Love, Grandma Karen

    ReplyDelete