Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Library Fun

As I've mentioned in the last few posts, this summer has been very rainy.  We've been spending a lot of those rainy days at the library.  There have been fun programs to go to, and the girls just love reading and doing the puzzles in the children's area.


Along with Kyri's love for dinosaurs, insects, and volcanoes, she also has a minor obsession with fruit bats these days.  You can often find her and Tessa pretending they are bats flying around our house.  Imagine her excitement then, when our public library had a bat expert visit with real live bats to pet!!  Kyri sat with her eyes glued to the bat expert for the whole hour-long presentation.  She is still telling people random facts that she learned about bats that day.  (Tess and I lost interest after the first half hour and decided to play some computer games...until it was time to pet the bats!)





I also had the opportunity to go to a Story Time at the library.  The girls had been going to this all school year with Laurel, but this is the first time I got to go and watch.  While I was there, the question that I kept asking myself was, "When did my baby become a big girl?"  I was amazed to see Tess participating with the class and sitting and listening for most of the stories.  She has really grown up these past few months!





As always, we continue to read a ton at home, too.  I brought home a whole basket full of books from my classroom, so the girls are loving the new titles to read through.  (And Kyle and I are enjoying a change in reading material, too.)

I love this picture.  The girls had been arguing most of the morning, but when I got out of the shower, I found them sitting together like this with Kyri reading (or retelling) a story to Tessa.  It was so precious!  It shows that they can be good friends at times.  They did go back to screaming at each other shortly after, but they're playing better together more and more these days.  


I updated about 11 new posts tonight, so be sure to scroll down to the older posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment