Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 18, 2011

Butterflies and Beaches

Last week we visited a butterfly garden at Peck Farm in Geneva. My Aunt Sue had found this place and invited us to go, knowing that Kyri loved the one at the zoo so much. My mom, Kay, Aubry, and my cousin Kailey also joined us.


It was peaceful to just sit and watch the girls run around and find butterflies.

Sitting really still, hoping that one might land on them!

Both girls wore their butterfly dresses

They were instructed NOT to touch them.
She was just pointing it out. : )

They were so excited to show each other when they found a pretty one.

Aubs tried so hard to get one to land on her flower!

Tessa was decked out in butterflies, too!
(I'm starting to feel like all the pictures I take of Tessa look the same just with a different outfit on. She always has that same silly, open-mouthed smile!!)

This butterfly actually landed on Kay's toe, but I snapped the pic too late.



Weekend at the Lake House
We left for the Lake Thursday evening and came home Sunday. The girls had a lot of "firsts" up there this time. We're so happy the weather cooperated!

Tessa's first swing ride!


Charlie joined us Friday night

Checking out a boo boo

First time to roast marshmallows!


Sharing S'mores with Daddy

Kyri's chocolate face shows how much she loved them!

Campfire stories...

The next night, Uncle O and Grandma introduced the girls to sparklers!
Kyri's face cracks me up!

Lake Summerset had their summer fest this past weekend, so they also did a fireworks show.

This is the first time Kyri has seen fireworks, and she was so amazed by them. I wish I had the video camera going to record all of the cute things she was saying.

Sunday was steamy and the perfect day at the beach! My friend Mary also has a house up there, so she invited some friends and they all came to the beach with us. It was fun to have so many people all hanging out together. The kids had a blast!

Our huge crew...and that wasn't even everyone.

My sweet Tessa B. and me
Kyri with Mary's daughter, Sofia

Mary's other cutie pie, Victorio

Kyri's cheese face

This was Tessa's first time in the lake!

Sofia did a great job entertaining Tessa

The kids all worked together to create something in the sand.

Good Teamwork!

Lunch on the beach

A family shot.
Look at Kyri's cheeks! Ha!
Donna came up with the twins on Sunday.
Here is Owen with my nieces.

Gwyneth...........Lillian

Both were worn out from playing in the hot sun!

3 comments:

  1. You certainly make the most of your summer...you are exhausting me! :)

    Seriously, love how you know what your daughter enjoys and you look for opportunities to grow that interest...and outfits that coordinate with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterfly dresses at the garden! I was also reminded how much I want a s'more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tessa has the same smile in all her pictures :)

    ReplyDelete