Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Busy Week

Although Kyle has been going into work quite a bit since school let out, he officially starts his new position this Tuesday. So, since this was his last week before he becomes a 12 month employee for the rest of his life, he took a couple of days off to do some fun things with us.

Monday: We went to Brookfield Zoo.


Using her binoculars to get a closer look at the lions.

I took Kyri into the butterfly exhibit for the first time. This is her happy place. I've never seen her so excited. I think she thought she was in a Tinkerbell movie with all of the butterflies floating around her. I could barely get her out of there.

She walked around the whole time with her arm out.
She wanted one to land on her so badly!! (It never happened.)

Tuesday: Ballet Class and Story time at the park with volunteers from the library. Ballet went better this week. She didn't get as frustrated and had more fun with it. By story time, however, both girls were running a low fever and had a bad head cold. Poor girls.

Wednesday: They felt much better so Kay and I took the girls to Pirate's Cove.

Kyri and Aubry got to ride in their own paddle boats.
We were so impressed with how well they were able to paddle!

Kyri road on her first Merry-Go-Round all by herself.
This was by far her favorite ride!

This train was her least favorite ride. She couldn't get her arms to move fast enough to keep up. Notice her black eye. It was from a mosquito bite that she got Monday night. For some reason it puffed up and turned all black and blue!

This was a train that went through a jungle of stuffed animals. : )

Tessa was such a trouper.
She spent the whole day in the stroller and was a happy camper the whole time.

The second time Kyri rode this boat it was getting close to nap time.
She preferred to play in the water rather than paddle.

Before we left, Kyri begged me to let her go back on the Merry-Go-Round again. Each time I went to get her off, she said she wasn't done yet. I could see her talking to her horses, which she named. She must have ridden 7 times in a row before I got dizzy watching and decided it was time to go.

Once we got home, Kyri went right to sleep and Tessa was happy to be out of her stroller and under the cool fan!



Thursday: Kyle and I took our girls to Cosley Zoo.

Kyri LOVED to watch the ducks in their peaceful habitat.

Tessa LOVED to watch all the people!

Petting the sheep

My TB and me

This llama kept posing for the pictures I was taking. So funny!

My silly girls!


Friday: Swimming at Grandma B and Grandpa Larry's Pool and Taste of Lombard

Grandma Nancy gave Kyri this cool floaty when she was first born,
and this year it finally fits her!

It worked out great.
Kyri loved having the freedom to swim on her own.
She seemed like such a big girl in the pool!

Then we went up to the Taste of Lombard for dinner.
Of course we had to try out some of the rides...

We're going to miss having Kyle off during the summers!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! I like keeping busy like that and I'm sure once I start up with school this Monday I'll be very busy.

    ReplyDelete