Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Summer's Over : (

It's hard to believe that summer has come to an end. I had one of the best summers that I can remember. I was able to spend everyday with my little girl, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to do that. It will be rough going back to school, but I know she's in loving hands while I'm away, so that helps.

I made sure to make the best of my last week of summer. Here are a few highlights of last week...

Last trip to the lake

Kyri saw her first rainbow. She talked about it the whole way home.
Splashing with Grandma Laurel


Shopping in Downtown Elmhurst

Since the weather was so beautiful this day, we decided to take advantage of it. We bought a puzzle in one of the cute little kid stores and decided to sit on a bench and play with it. The video's kind of boring, but I thought Kyri looked so cute in her shades!




Mother/Daughter Luncheon at Grandma Karen's (Kay's mom)

Karen invited us over for an end of summer luncheon. The salad was perfect, and the yummy desserts hit the spot! The girls had a great time playing together.

The cousins playing in the pool

Kyri, Mia, and Aubry

One Last trip to Grandma Laurel's Pool




Purdue Girls' Weekend

The last weekend of summer was spent with my roommates from Purdue. We all turned 30 this year, so we thought we'd get together for a little celebration. The events started at my house Friday night, where we were able to catch up. Saturday morning we headed to the spa for some massages and nail treatments. We then visited a winery for some tasting before a delicious dinner back at the hotel. Two bars were visited briefly, but we all agreed that going up to the room where we could hear each other and get into our P.J.s sounded much more appealing. Wow how times have changed! : )





Divya got us these cute shirts!
Posing with our "Forever 29" glasses from Martha!
Group shot outside of the winery

Since school starts this week, I'm not sure when the next time I'll update will be. Hopefully I can still sneak in some time to upload pictures.

Good bye summer. I'll miss you!!!

1 comment:

  1. I didnt really have an offical no school summer but I had a great summer time anyways. I did tons of things, I cant believe its over either.
    When did you turn 30?

    ReplyDelete