Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Story of Thanksgiving

I'm thankful for my sweet conversations with Kyri (and now Tessa, too) on my long, tiring rides home from work each day.  I love preschool days because then we have a lot to talk about.  Today, when I asked her what they did in class, she said, "Oh, we learned about Indians and that big ship called the Mayflower."  When I heard this, I immediately got my phone out and geared up the video.  She told me they learned the "Story of Thanksgiving"...  so here it is...  (Sorry about the horrible quality.  I took it while driving, so I wasn't looking at what I was shooting I WAS LOOKING AT THE ROAD, I PROMISE!!)  But, since it was in the dark, you can't see Kyri for most of the video.  It's her sweet voice and story that I wanted to remember.







I really could not believe how much she remembered.  The retelling that she gave is what I only hope to get my third graders to understand about Thanksgiving.  I guess K.J. is paying attention in preschool.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love her stories....and she gets the facts....except I do not think I ever caught fish with my feet....Maybe I should try. I love KJ stories!!!

    ReplyDelete