Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Dancer!!!

Today Kyri took her first dance class at my old studio. I was really nervous that she wouldn't like it because she was really shy during the summer park district class that she took. This time, though, she went out there right when Ms. Penny asked them to and participated in everything! She tried really hard and was excited with each new dance they did. It was so cute!

We almost had a meltdown before class started, though. All of the other girls were dressed in leotards and skirts. I chose the Flashdance "Maniac" look for Kyri instead...leg warmers and oversized shirt. Yeah, not a good idea. Once I got her ballet slippers on, she said, "Now I need to put my skirt on." I didn't bring her a skirt. What is wrong with me?? How could I not put her in the classic ballet outfit like all the other girls? How could I not think of that?? She cried and had the saddest look on her face when I told her I didn't bring her a skirt. Ms. Penny said that she would get to wear a tutu later in class for one of the dances they did and this seemed to work. She quickly composed herself, which shocked me. I really thought that was going to ruin the whole class experience, but she quickly said, "I've calmed myself down Mommy and I'm ready to dance." Haha! So cute. She went out there and did great! Never had to come cling to me in the little observation room once! She was a little behind the other girls because they were all in the session before this one, and Kyri started in the middle of this session. (She wasn't allowed to start until she was 3.) She held her own, though, and I was so proud of her. I got teary eyed at one point, and then I almost completely lost it at one point. All of my memories of the looooooong hours I spent at that studio came rushing back to me, and I was just in complete disbelief that my little girl was now dancing there. So cool! Hopefully she will continue to love it as much as she did today. If so, she will be performing in her first recital on June 9th!!






She even got to try tap, which I think she liked the most!


Oh yeah, we also went to Kyri's 3 year check up after dance class today. She weighs 26.5 pounds (10th percentile) and is 26.5 inches tall (37th percentile). The Dr. said she's meeting all of her milestones, too. We will just keep on working on getting her to use utensils better. He had her try to write her name...not even close! But she could spell it and tell him her full name! : )

1 comment: